LETTER: Complaints should be taken to the source
To the Editor:
While I respect Michael Goldsteins opinions wholeheartedly, I would like to point out that I find the publication of his critiques in the Hoot underhanded. As the Brandeis campus has two competing weekly newspapers, it is easy to argue between them. However, it is by no means appropriate to criticize the writing in one newspaper in a feature article in the other. From my understanding, the Justice is very fair in publishing responses to their reviews. Michael Goldstein has every right to be disappointed in and disagree with the reviews published in the Justice, however it is not appropriate for him to respond in a competing newspaper. I hope the Hoot does not allow for the publication of such barbs at the Justice in the future.
Matt Rogers 08
Editor's Note: Recent Justice policy forbids columns that address specific points in other Justice articles. The Justice also generally rejects letters longer than 400 words and columns longer than 800 words. Michael Goldstein's Op-Ed was 1570 words in length.
More posts by The Brandeis Hoot
- Brandeis community needs to support all discussions - March 7, 2014
- Univ should take preventative measures rather than wait for crisis - February 28, 2014
- Protest valiant effort, but requires better organization - February 14, 2014
- Three serious injuries call for immediate need for improved crosswalk safety precautions - February 7, 2014
- Finance board inconsistent in funding allotments and regulations - January 31, 2014